Monday, August 23, 2010

Words I detest, but use anyway

Moist. Does this not make you think of sweaty old men?

Sweaty old men that want to molest you?

It's such a repulsive word, but I use it anyway. At my cousin's birthday party, he had a vanilla cake, and I said it was really moist and delicious. If you go by definitions, these words are good together, but delicious is a nice word. Moist is a sweaty-old-men-that-want-to-molest-you word, therefore, not good. I then explained that I actually hate the word, and then ruined "moist" for my cousin's girlfriend.

I'm not sure whether to feel pride or guilt.

I made someone realise something. That's special. But I also ruined something. That's sad.

But anyway. The cake was good. And moist.

Prenatal: I think it's the natal part. It's just not nice. Nay-tull.

I live near a Basha's, and I go there all the time to get groceries and shit, and, as in many stores, there is a loudspeaker thingy with announcements.

One of them is about prenatal vitamins. First of all, that just kind of made me uncomfortable, especially on the part of any men in the store at the time. Prenatal makes one think of women that are making babies, and thus, vagina.

The worst part? The person making the announcement is a dude. Poor guy.

Bowels: Why does this have multiple definitions? Words with one really horrible definition shouldn't have synonyms.

Bowels: where your shit is.

But for some fucking reason, there is also using it like this "Here I am, in the bowels of the city" eg. on the train. That just makes me think about shit. And how the sentence could possibly mean "Here I am, standing on a huge pile of shit".

Pubescent: It must be the pyu sound. It just doesn't roll off the tongue very nicely.

Say it: pyuuuuuuuu. It just makes you make a really idiotic face, like you're in the middle of insulting someone.


This is me being attractive, if you were wondering. And saying PYUUU at the same time.

Bra: I can't really even explain why I hate this word. Maybe because, once again, it's just not a word that rolls off the tongue. It's literally kind of hard to say.

And it makes me uncomfortable. Which doesn't really make sense, because I'm a pubescent girl , and I wear one every day.

Flesh: Say flesh. Right now.

You are making the face I am making in the "pyu" photo.

But at the same time, I kind of love saying flesh, because I'm really, really morbid.

DEATH! ROTTING! DISEASE! MURDER!

Excretion: This probably has a lot to do with the definition. And the thing is, if it meant something more like "land of rainbows, and happiness!!!!!!!:D!!!!", then I might like it. It's not a really disgusting word.

I'm done. Did you notice I've learned how to add underlines, and boldness, and italics, and PHOTOS OMG?? I'm super-duper excited about it.

2 comments:

  1. Haha Callan I love your blog it's reaally funny!
    I really don't understand how to use mine, it's in fricking Chinese!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha oh no! youd better learn chinese then :P

    ReplyDelete